Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers
Over $100 Million in Recoveries for Accident Victims
Each day, thousands of people throughout Maryland use cars as their primary means of transportation. Roadways and highways are often busy and crowded with vehicles traveling to and from work, school and various other activities. Unfortunately, car accidents are a fact of life. They occur each and every day, anytime and anywhere. Even if you are a good driver following the rules of the road, you still may find yourself the victim of a car wreck as sometimes other drivers are negligent and behave carelessly causing collisions.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Getting into a car accident can be a harrowing experience. Car accident victims are often left frustrated and confused about what to do. It is important to understand there are certain steps you should take to protect your health and your legal right to recover damages. Here are some basic recommendations to keep in mind immediately following a car accident:
- Call 911: Report the accident right away, whether it be a minor fender-bender or a major collision. Wait for the police to arrive at the scene. Record the names and badge numbers of the responding officers. Obtain a copy of the police report or find out how to go about getting one.
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health and the health of your passengers is top priority. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent. Wait for qualified emergency medical responders to arrive on the scene. It is important to have your injuries documented. Take photographs if possible.
- Exchange Information: Ensure you get the names, phones numbers, addresses, drivers’ license numbers, license plate numbers, the make and model of any vehicles involved and insurance policy information from all drivers involved.
- Speak to Witnesses: Make sure you talk to any and all witnesses present. Obtain their contact information including name, number, and address.
- Preserve Evidence: Take pictures of the accident scene including position of the vehicles, location of traffic signals, debris in the road, skid marks and street signs. In addition, take photos of the damage done to your vehicle. This evidence may be crucial if a claim is pursued. Record all other relevant information such as the weather conditions, speed limit on the road and anything unusual that you noticed.
- Contact your own Insurance Company: Report the accident to your own insurance company as soon as possible. Your insurer will need to make a file for your accident claim.
- Do not Speak with any other Insurance Company: You should not speak with, answer questions or give any statements to the other driver’s insurance company until you have consulted with an experienced attorney. Representatives from the at fault driver’s insurance company will often try to offer a settlement in an attempt to avoid litigation or diminish the value of your claim. This is not in your best interest.
- Keep Records and Receipts: Be sure to keep copies of all records and receipts related to the accident. This includes medical treatment, medications, therapy, vehicle repairs and rental cars.
- Consult with an Attorney: Obtain legal help from a qualified Maryland car accident lawyer immediately. This can help ensure that your rights are fully protected and that you get the maximum compensation for your injuries and other damages. It is important to understand that Maryland law imposes a three-year statute of limitations in which a claim can be file for most car crashes.
Advocating for the Rights of Victims Injured in all Types of Car Accidents
- aggressive driving and road rage
- auto defects
- dangerous driving conditions
- distracted driving
- drowsy driving
- drunk driving
- faulty equipment
- hit-and-run accidents
- intersection collisions
- multi-vehicle accidents
- negligent driving
- poor weather conditions
- rear-end collisions
- road rage
- roll-over accidents
- texting and driving
- underinsured and uninsured
- vehicle rollovers
Car Accident Injuries
Injuries sustained in a car accident can vary in severity. Some victims suffer minor injuries that are temporary and heal on their own within several days or weeks. Others may sustain more serious injuries that result in permanent disabilities that require long term care. Some of the most common types of car accident injuries include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones or fractures
- Neck and back injuries including whiplash
- Paralysis and nerve damage
- Internal injuries
- Loss of limbs
If your car accident was caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior, we can help you. Our Maryland accident attorneys have established a proven track record of success, recovering more than $100 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Full service Baltimore accident law firm
In addition to litigating car accident claims, our Baltimore accident lawyers handle other types of motor vehicle accident cases including:
- auto accidents
- bicycle accidents
- boating accidents
- bus accidents
- motorcycle accidents
- pedestrian accidents
- train accidents
- trucking accidents
Get the Help You Need With Your Car Accident Claim: Call the Experienced Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton
Recover your rightful damages arising from your car crash by calling LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contacting our firm online to schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced Baltimore car accident lawyer. We are available on our 24-hour hotline that allows us to respond immediately to injured auto accident victims. Our firm handles your case on contingency, so you owe us nothing until we recover damages on your claim. Your complete satisfaction is our law firm’s primary concern.