Baltimore Truck Accident Lawyers
Representing Injured Victims of Trucking Accidents
Truck accidents can result in devastating or even fatal injuries for those involved. For victims and their families, the representation of an experienced truck accident lawyer in Maryland can be crucial to obtaining the compensation they deserve. At LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A., we have more than 25 years of experience pursuing all entitled compensation for those injured in trucking accidents. Our experience and zealous advocacy is exhibited by the more than $250,000,000 we have recovered in settlements for our clients.
Our Maryland trucking lawyers are familiar with commonly employed tactics used by trucking companies and their counsel. Once an accident occurs, we will compile any and all evidence at the wreck site to thoroughly analyze all components of the accidents. Our analysis includes pinpointing the cause of the crash to determine if driver error — including drowsy driving, drunk driving or distracted driving — resulted in the accident.
Truck Driver Error Responsible for Majority of Truck Accidents
Some of the more commons causes of truck accidents that can be attributed to truck driver error include, but are not limited to:
- Aggressive driving — A trucker who drives aggressively including following too closely, recklessly changes lanes and engaging in hostile behavior with other motorists is a recipe for disaster.
- Driver fatigue — Unfortunately, many commercial truckers are plagued by driver fatique. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) sets forth limits on the number of hours truckers can work as well as establishes mandatory rest periods. To avoid the risk of drowsy driving, truckers are required to abide by these regulations and keep meticulous records. Sadly, the inherent nature of the commercial trucking industry often results in fatigued truckers nonetheless operating big rigs and increasing the risk of a truck accident.
- Driving while impaired — Truckers who operate big rigs while under the influence of alcohol or drugs are putting more than themselves at risk. A commercial trucker who drives drunk knowingly runs the risk of causing a catastrophic or even fatal truck accident.
- Speeding — Driving over the speed limit in a tractor trailer is a dangerous driving behavior that too often results in accidents. Large commercial trucks can be difficult to maneuver at high speeds and require more stopping distance and time.
- Use of cell phone — Most Americans know that using a cell phone while driving increases the risk of a motor vehicle accident. For commercial truckers, distracted driving has even graver consequences. Moreover, the U.S. Department of Transportation prohibits commercial truckers from utilizing a hand-held mobile device in any capacity while operating a big rig.
Other factors that can contribute to trucking accidents include:
- Defective Tires — A tire blowout can cause a big rig to lurch out of control and spew heavy rubber tire pieces onto the roadway in front of other motorists, causing a truck accident. Tire blowouts can often be attributed to negligent manufacturing, improper maintenance by the trucking crew or corporation. Our Maryland truck accident lawyers will identify and pursue all liable parties to fight for compensation for your injuries.
- Poor roadway maintenance — Hazardous roadway conditions cause a large number of commercial truck wrecks. Potholes, non-working traffic signals, missing signs, extreme curves at exits, inadequate runaway truck ramps and poor lighting at night can cause a big rig to crash. Government entities responsible for maintaining roadways may be held liable for truck accident injuries when they fail to perform regular upkeep of highways.
Baltimore Truck Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton will Pursue all Entitled Compensation for Injured Victims
For injured victims and their families, truck accidents can too often result in more than financial losses. At LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, we fight for those injured in trucking accidents and pursue all compensation you deserve. Call our Maryland truck accident lawyers at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online to schedule a free appointment. Our legal team maintains a 24-hour hotline and someone is available to answer your call at any time. Our fees are contingency based and we only get paid if you do.