Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Depending on the seriousness of the wreck, a car accident can range from being a relatively minor inconvenience to a traumatic event involving serious injuries and loss of life. In most cases, when the accident is a minor fender bender, or one of the drivers was clearly at fault, many people do not find it necessary to hire a car accident lawyer. However, when there are extensive injuries or property damage involved, or the accident resulted in fatalities, an experienced car accident lawyer can ensure that your legal rights are protected and that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries. If you have been involved in a car accident, consider the following information before attempting to resolve the issue on your own.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
- Proving liability can be difficult. An experienced car accident lawyer who understands the law will provide the necessary documentation to prove that the other party was negligent.
- You have a limited time to sue. A lawyer will make sure that if you plan to sue, you do so within the statute of limitations. If you miss this deadline, you lose the right to file a lawsuit at any point in the future.
- Your insurance company may offer a settlement that is too low. A dedicated lawyer will protect your interests, rather than working hard to keep costs down and reduce overhead, which is what insurance companies often do.
- Understanding damages can be confusing. Without the help of an experienced lawyer, you may not be aware of your legal rights when it comes to damages. In addition to medical bills, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
- Your settlement options will be explained. Your car accident lawyer will determine whether settling is the best option based on the offer you receive. Once you accept an offer and settle, you may not sue.
- Dedicated assistance filing a personal injury lawsuit. A skilled car accident lawyer knows the steps to take when filing a suit against all negligent parties and fight for your right to recover damages.
- Filing a lawsuit involves following a set of complex rules. There are strict rules in place if you pursue a lawsuit. An experienced lawyer knows how to navigate this process, protecting your interests along the way.
When You Need a Lawyer
After a car accident, there is often a lot of confusion and uncertainty about how to proceed. While it is not always imperative that you hire a car accident lawyer, there are times when it is absolutely in your best interest to do so, including when:
- The insurance company denied your claim and they will not reconsider
- The settlement offered by the insurance company is too low
- You were seriously injured in the accident and are facing significant medical bills
- The injured party is a minor who suffered serious injuries
- Liability is being disputed and you believe you are not responsible for the accident
- You are not sure what the statute of limitations is and your accident occurred close to a year ago
- The circumstances surrounding your accident warrants further investigation
- A lawsuit was filed against you by the other party involved in the accident
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Protect the Rights of Car Accident Victims
If you have been injured in a car accident, the Baltimore car accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton will protect your rights and fight to ensure that you receive the maximum financial compensation you deserve. We have a thorough understanding of the claims process and what it takes to secure a fair settlement. Our dedicated team will help you navigate the claims process, addressing all of your questions and concerns every step of the way. To schedule a free, confidential consultation, do not hesitate to call us at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Towson, allowing us to represent car accident victims in Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.