Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers
Protecting Your Rights After an Accident Caused by a Negligent Driver
Many Collisions are Caused by Negligent Drivers in Baltimore
Negligent drivers can cause significant damage and destruction. Even seemingly minor collisions, can cause victims to miss work and suffer pain and distress. Injuries sustained in negligent driver accidents vary from minor injuries to long-term injuries or permanent disability.
LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. is a premier Maryland car accident law firm located in Baltimore. We have been helping injured victims recover crucial financial compensation after car accidents since 1987. Our dedicated legal team will fight to obtain the damages you deserve from your insurance company and/or the negligent driver who crashed into you.
Maryland’s Negligent Driving Laws
Maryland’s driving statutes are intended to protect drivers, passengers, pedestrians, bikers and cyclists from preventable traffic accidents. Maryland traffic laws regulate the rules of the road including, right of way, pedestrian rights and rules, speed limits, bike operation, impaired driving and negligent driving. Violations of traffic laws can result in noncriminal traffic citations or criminal prosecution depending on the severity of the violation. A driver is usually determined to have acted with negligence if he or she has broken any traffic laws.
Common examples of negligent driving include:
- Cell phone use — Maryland law bars the use of mobile phones and other handheld devices and prohibits texting and driving.
- Drunk driving — Alcohol and drugs impair driving by dulling the senses and delaying reactions, which puts the lives of drivers, other motorists and pedestrians at risk.
- Driver fatigue — Drivers who are tired and sleepy put everyone on the road at risk, particularly drivers who are operating a commercial vehicle or bus.
- Performing other tasks while driving — Distracted driving is one of the biggest problems on the road today. Distractions can divert a driver’s eyes, hands, and/or attention from operating a vehicle safely.
- Reckless driving — Dangerous or reckless driving includes speeding, tailgating, running red lights, and weaving in and out of traffic.
- Road rage — Traffic, a slow driver or a bad temper can be a catalyst to road rage which can escalate into a tragic car accident.
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Can Help Recover Damages After a Negligent Driving Accident
To recover damages from a negligent driver, call LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact our firm online. We offer free initial consultations to car accident victims in Maryland. Our Baltimore accident lawyers are available 24/7 by phone. Under our contingency fee arrangement, our law firm will not charge you until we recover damages in your case. Your case is a priority to our car accident lawyers in Maryland.
We represent injured victims and families throughout the state of Maryland including those in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore.