Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers
Whether you are on a busy highway or a quiet country road, car accidents can happen when you least expect it. Like the victims involved, no two accidents are exactly alike. While there are a wide variety of factors that can cause car wrecks to occur, the following are examples of some of the most common types of car accidents:
- Distracted Driving: This is one of the most common types of car accidents, mainly caused by drivers who are either talking on their cell phones or texting while driving. Other examples include reaching for something in the car, putting on makeup, or talking to other passengers.
- Drowsy Driving: Driver fatigue affects a person’s ability to concentrate on the road. If you are feeling drowsy, or are having trouble staying awake, pull over somewhere safe and take a short nap.
- Drunk Driving: A common, yet preventable type of car accident, these types of crashes occur when a driver loses control of his or her vehicle after having too much to drink.
- Head-On Collision: One of the most serious, often fatal accidents, these occur when the front end of two vehicles crash into each other.
- Hit-and-Run Accidents: When a driver responsible for causing an accident flees the scene, this is called a hit-and-run accident. Unfortunately, it can be very difficult to identify the driver once he or she has left the scene of the accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions: These accidents involve several vehicles and they usually occur on busy highways or freeways. These are also some of the most dangerous wrecks, often involving serious injuries and fatalities. Due to the nature of the accident, some vehicles may be hit multiple times, making injuries and property damage more severe.
- Negligent Driver Accidents: Examples of negligent driving include tailgating, speeding, road rage, changing lanes quickly and without signaling, and cutting off other drivers, all of which can cause serious accidents.
- Rear-End Collisions: This type of accident occurs when a vehicle crashes into the car in front of it. In most cases, the person that hit the car was following too closely, driving too fast, or simply not paying attention. Common injuries include whiplash and other upper back and neck injuries.
- Rollover Accidents: One of the most devastating types of car accidents are rollovers, which occur when a driver loses control of his or her vehicle, causing the car or SUV to flip over onto its side or roof.
- Side-Impact Collisions: Also referred to as T-bone collisions, these occur when the side of a vehicle is hit by the front of another vehicle, forming a “T.” Injuries can be more serious in side-impact collisions, particularly to the occupants on the side of the vehicle that was struck.
- Sideswipe Collisions: These typically occur when two vehicles that are driving in the same direction collide, or “swipe” into each other. These types of wrecks occur most frequently in areas where two lanes merge.
- Single-Car Accidents: As the name suggests, these types of accidents only involve one vehicle. These typically occur when the vehicle hits a tree, a pole, fire hydrants, or a fence. In addition to any injuries to the driver, property damage is often involved as well.
- Speeding: Drivers who ignore the speed limit are more likely to cause a car accident. The faster you are going, the less likely you will be able to react in time to prevent a car accident.
- Vehicle Rollover: These usually occur when a vehicle is making a sharp turn at a high speed, resulting in the vehicle flipping over onto its side or roof. Sports Utility Vehicles are at greater risk for rollovers because they are taller than other vehicles.
Baltimore Car Wreck Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Provide Skilled Legal Counsel for Car Accident Victims
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident, the experienced Baltimore car accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton are on your side. Our dedicated team will help you navigate the legal process and address any concerns you might have. We will protect your rights every step of the way and seek the maximum financial compensation you deserve. To schedule a free, confidential consultation, call us at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Towson, allowing us to represent car accident victims in Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Queen Anne’s County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.