Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers: Teen Driver Safety WeekOctober 16, 2016
Being involved in a car accident can be a very sobering moment for a teen driver. In the United States, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of fatality in teens between the ages of 15 and 19. In 2014 alone, 2,679 teen drivers were involved in fatal car accidents, and another 123,000 suffered serious injuries.
This week is Teen Driver Safety Awareness Week. Our Baltimore car accident lawyers urge parents to discuss the dangers of driving with their teens, including the following “5 to Drive” rules of the road:
- No Cell Phone Use: Whether talking, texting, or going on to Facebook, Snapchat or other social media outlets, using your cell phone while driving takes your attention off the road where it belongs. It only takes a moment of distraction to cause a serious accident.
- No Extra Passengers: When there are too many people in the car, it can cause you to be easily distracted while driving. The more friends you have in the car, the more likely you are to have your attention diverted away from the road.
- No Speeding: You may be tempted to drive fast if you are in a rush to get somewhere, or if you are running late. Resist the temptation. In addition to speeding tickets that come with hefty fines, you run the risk of causing a serious car accident that could leave you and those involved with life-threatening injuries.
- No Alcohol: Never get behind if wheel if you have been drinking alcohol. In addition, if you know a friend has been drinking, do not get in the car. Always have a designated driver, and if you do not have one, call a parent or another adult to come and pick you up.
- Always Wear a Seat Belt: Seat belts save lives. Buckling your seat belt should be one of the first things you and your passengers do when you get in the car.
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Represent Teen Drivers
If you have been involved in a car accident, you are urged to contact the Baltimore car accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton as soon as possible. We understand how traumatic and stressful this can be and will provide the compassionate, skilled legal counsel you need. Our dedicated team will fight hard to ensure that you receive the maximum financial compensation you deserve. To set up a complimentary consultation, call us today at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Towson, allowing us to represent car accident victims and their families throughout Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Parkville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.