Baltimore Trucking Accident Lawyers: Steps to Take after a Trucking AccidentNovember 2, 2014
After being involved in an accident with a large truck, you may feel unsure about what steps to take or how to defend yourself from legal repercussions. Timing is crucial. Take the following steps to make sure you protect yourself and your rights:
- Seek any necessary medical care. Even if you believe you are not seriously injured, see a doctor to be sure. If you have been injured in any way, having a record of your visit will help your case.
- Start an investigation. In the chaos following a truck accident, evidence at the scene can be prematurely removed. An experienced representative takes charge in examining the crash site and contacting the right experts and investigators to help your case.
- Take photos of your injuries and the vehicles involved. In a case involving multiple vehicles, you need to document any vehicle damage or injuries. Either you or your attorney should be sure to take any necessary pictures.
- Have your vehicle expertly examined. Even if you filed a police report, you should still have an expert examine your vehicle. An investigation will likely reveal valuable information regarding each vehicle’s speed and the cause of the accident, which may help pinpoint who was at fault.
- Wait to speak with insurance carriers. Do not talk with any insurance representatives or deliver recorded statements until you have talked to an attorney and evaluated your claim.
After an accident with a large truck, you need to begin the investigation process as soon as possible. With the help of an experienced Maryland trucking accident lawyer at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A., you may be able to seek compensation for your injuries.